Sunday, November 23, 2008

Hopes and Regrets

I am staring blankly at my bed, thinking when will I have time to make up my bed...
I am also thinking for how long will I sleep on it until my first trip home since I arrived here, in San Fransisco...
Approximately 8 months...
I never thought that being away from home will be this tough...
Not that I don't like it here.. San Fransisco is a very beautiful city...
Especially when you gaze at the night lights from twin peaks, possibly the highest point in the city.. Can't get enough of that soothing and tranquil feeling


2 months ago, after I saw many wonderful sight in the city, I thought staying here for a little longer will be a cinch.
I have to lick my own saliva.. (Okay, I know it sounds really gross. It has a better sound and meaning in Indonesian =P ).
Giving up this early is such a shame.

I regret my decision to stay here for winter recess.
I didn't realize I miss J-town so much.
I miss my noisy house; my beloved family, my parents, brother, and two little sisters; my friends at school, at church, everywhere.
I miss the sofa at Puri Indah Mall's Starbucks, the grilled chocolate bread at Green Garden Boulevard, and, of course, the noodle at AGOAN (It is to DIE for..).
I know 8 months is not that long. But when you know you'll spend those 3 weeks of recess just sitting in front of your PC, watching YouTube while eating fastfood, you know you've just made a wrong decision... Sad part is, it is my decision...

A month left until the beginning of Christmas holiday. I am doing nothing but looking for activities to do in that 3 weeks of boredom.
Well, it is my first Christmas in USA. After 18 hot Christmases in Jakarta, at least this year will be a "cool" one.
I hope they are planning something great for Christmas at downtown. I don't want to spend Christmas in my apartment, cleaning it.
New Year's Eve is another thing to look forward to I guess. Free fireworks to watch, hmm.... not bad, not bad at all. Many people want to celebrate New Year here. I know my sisters will be jealous.

Well, I guess those 8 months won't be a bummer.
It is going to be less fun without the people I love most, but I guess skype is good enough for now.
Everyone, I miss you guys so much and I hope you miss me too.



P.S. If anyone is spending his/her Christmas away from home too, suggest some activities for me please. FYI, "watching Youtube while eating fastfood" is still in my to-do-list right now. =P

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Jefftaaaaa...
gw mpe sdih baca blog lu..>.<
tnang aja pasti dsono christmas n new years seru lah..banyak acara gtu kan???skali2 ganti suasana..cheer up..^^

aeb said...

and you said MY BLOG was sad,,, hahaha..tenang tar gw kasi kartu pos.

Unknown said...

go on a road trip!!!! woohoo!