Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas...

My friend woke me up at 11 o'clock... He didn't get any sleep that night... He told me to get prepared for Christmas mass...
I look at the clock, sighing, then rest my head for another 10 minutes...
I just realized... It's Christmas...
In the shower, i got to think what could I do this Christmas...
I got dressed and nothing good crossed my mind that whole time...
I looked at myself in the misty mirror, hadn't clean it for a while... And I thought, I was missing something...
On my way to church, I tried to figure out what's missing... Oh well, I might as well found it out later...

I passed the mass, just singing those christmas carols... Listening to the pastor... saying merry christmas to everybody with a smile...
Wait... that's it...
I usually smile the whole day on Christmas... And not just on the day of Christmas...
Days, even weeks before that... When I practiced many new songs in the choir.... When I decorated my class with my high school mates.. When I had Christmas dinner with my family...

I got through this Christmas just like any ordinary day... sitting in my apartment, joking with my friend, playing some games.... Trying to push those flashing memories away...
Trying to make it as ordinary as possible... Yet I didn't want it to be ordinary...

The next day, a stranger wish me a merry Christmas... He's alone and he was smiling...
I smiled back, the best smile I could give to him...
At that moment, I know I was not smiling for him, I smiled for myself...
Knowing that the joy is always there... I was just too distracted by the fact that everybody could have fun and I couldn't because I was alone... I realized, sharing the joy has only little to do with to whom we share it... It's great if it's someone you know, but it will be a blessing if you can share it with everybody...

From that moment, the smile never leave... It stays the whole day, and I promise myself it will stay there for the rest of this holiday... =)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everyone!!!!

1 comment:

-JJ- 黄天龙 said...

aaaaawwwww. :) merry xmas ta!